Another year down, wow! Okay New Year I'm ready for you.
2010 IN REVIEW:
March - St. Patrick's day 5K run
August - 30 mile bike race in Poughkispee, NY
October - 40 mile bike race, Tour Du Port Baltimore.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Ten years have gone by since I started teaching, unbelievable! The first week of school with the students there went well. I've also started an Admin class at McDaniel college. The professor is cool and it's good to be back in the learning mode. Hopefully as I get older I will get wiser too.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
I found this on Steph's blog. Very weird trivia.
- You should always open Kacey at least an hour before drinking her.
- Snow White's coffin was made of Kacey.
- Carnivorous animals will not eat another animal that has been hit by Kacey!
- Kacey can grow up to three feet in a 24 hour period!
- Banging your head against Kacey uses 150 calories an hour.
- Neil Armstrong first stepped on Kacey with his left foot!
- The International Space Station weighs about 500 tons and is the same size as Kacey.
- Kacey is incapable of sleep.
- Kacey is physically incapable of sticking her tongue out.
- Kacey was banned from Finland because of not wearing pants.
Ok, so my birthday was May 3rd. This year, 2009, I decided to challenge myself and do a bike tour of NYC (by the way, last year I did a sprint triathlon in Salisbury, MD), a 42 mile bike tour. Well let me tell you, it rained the entire time, when it wasn't raining it was pouring rain. The officials kept stopping us because of weather conditions, anywho it took 8 hours to complete. Thankfully I had my boyfriend Martin, and my cousin Alrick (we definitely needed eachother). After the race me and Martin had to return to Maryland (11:00 pm that night) so we could drag ourselves to work the next day.
Would I do it again? Hell to the No. But I'm sure I'll find some crazy racing event to do next year and curse the heavens when I'm done.